The 6 Best DAW APPS
There are many music producers looking for the best DAW, which is the best daw for 2021? which DAW is the best for recording & music production in 2021?
What is a DAW?
Daw questions seem to be popping up everywhere over the internet, which seems to be quite a big question by many music producers, this is what it stands for;
“digital audio workstation”
Yup, you got it right, it’s the software you use for producing music, the main software you use for placing all of the creative musical compositions, that software you probably spend more time in the evenings with than you do with your wife in some cases, but we won’t go down that route.
Daw enables the music producer to mix multiple sound inputs/outputs on a time-based grid.
The main question that all music producers seem to ask themself is what is the right DAW for me? The answer is, it all depends on the music producer, all daws come with different strengths and different weaknesses.
How to Choose the right DAW?
Choosing the correct daw is quite a quick process, mostly involves the music producer downloading and testing a free trial before purchasing the full version.
help me! which daw should i use?
This seems to be the main question that all music producers seem to be unsure of, so we are here to make your choice a little bit easier.
The main 6 daws with the highest search terms in 2021 are listed from 1 to 6, each of the DAW’s come with extra info to help you select the right daw that’s most suited for you.
- FL Studio 20 (Easy interface, great to start off with, good core plugins, ok for vocals)
- Logic Pro X (Professional crisp sound, harder to learn, best for vocals, mac only)
- Audacity (Great for vocals, easy to learn)
- Pro Tools 2019 (Easy interface, great to start off with, good core plugins)
- Ableton Live 10 (Great for recording and mixing vocals, easy to learn, mac only)
- Steinberg Cubase Pro 10 (Very complex to learn, expensive, used by professionals)
If you’re a beginner and want to make beats, we recommend fl studio or Logic Pro x (logic pro x is only for mac, fl works on both windows and mac)